#82. Join me with Marc Schweigert, a programme manager on the Power Customer Advisory Team at Microsoft as we talk about Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) approaches suited to novices and citizen developers through to professional developers. A healthy application lifecycle process is critical if you’re going to build amazing, agile, Dynamics 365 and Power Apps platform applications. I think it’s great that Microsoft is finally providing more prescriptive advice for how to achieve healthy ALM and providing tools to help us get there.
Make sure you stick around until the end of this episode to find out how you can get access to the bonus episode with Neil Benson and Marc Schweigert’s extended interview.
Our discussion covers:
• How the Microsoft PoweCAT group fits in and helps customers.
• What is Microsoft’s definition of application lifecycle management?
• The CoE Starter Kit which helps people get from the beginning clean slate to a mature state with some level of build source control, build deployment and automation
• The journey to get to a place to open-source the CoE starter kit.
• The new Power Apps ALM Accelerator for Advanced Makers.
• Whether ALM applies to practitioners executing a waterfall style project as much as it does an agile style.
• Training plans for the new ALM patterns and practices.
If you’d like to hear that bonus extended interview, please make sure you subscribe to the Amazing Apps show in your podcast player and set it to download new episodes automatically.
Marc Schweigert on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/devkeydet/)
devkeydet (@devkeydet) on Twitter (https://twitter.com/devkeydet)
ALM Patterns and Practices (https://docs.microsoft.com/power-platform/alm?WT.mc_id=BA-MVP-4028946)
ALM Toolkit for Makers (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/guidance/coe/almaccelerator-components)
ALM Accelerator for Advanced Makers (https://github.com/microsoft/coe-starter-kit/tree/main/ALMAcceleratorForAdvancedMakers)
Scottish Summit: From Zero to ALM in Demos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0tH7j7nSEo)
PowerCAT Live channel on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi9EhCY4z99UrtOALU0aOCsmmcG6lD8DU)
Amazing Applications podcast page on Podchaser (https://podchaser.com/amazingapplications)
Scrum for Microsoft Business Apps online course at Customery Academy (https://customery.com/scrum)
Agile Foundations for Microsoft Business Apps free online mini-course at Customery Academy (https://customery.com/foundations)
Support the show (https://buymeacoffee.com/amazingapps)
MY ONLINE COURSES
🚀 Agile Foundations for Microsoft Business Apps (https://customery.com/foundations)
🏉 Scrum for Microsoft Business Apps (https://customery.com/scrum)
📐 Estimating Business Apps (https://customery.com/estimating)
Keep experimenting 🧪
More About This Author
- YouTube26 February 2024The Power of Learning Through Experiments in Power Apps Development – YouTube
- Podcasts26 February 2024The Power of Learning Through Experiments in Power Apps Development
- YouTube21 January 2024When to Use Scrum for Microsoft Business Apps – YouTube
- YouTube21 January 2024Amazing Apps Show Trailer – YouTube