As a Business Consultant, you might have received a business requirement to sync Master Data between different fiscal companies. It is common when we are implementing an ERP on a Group of companies.
If the ERP to implement is Dynamics NAV / Dynamics 365 BC it is frequent as a first approach, to follow one of the three options:
• Create a customization to enable this automation (Extension on D 365 BC)
• Adopt an ISV solution that includes this functionality (There are some in the market usually under the umbrella name Intercompany)
• Select the tables that you want to share between the different companies and change the property DataPerCompany to “No” on the Development Environment and this table will be unique for all the companies of that database (Only on Dynamics NAV or D365BC On Prem).
When starting to detail the business requirement for an End Customer, it is easy to face difficulties! Blocking Examples:
• The second option (ISV solution) will have a considerable footprint on the database. Usually these ISV solutions cover more than only Sync Master Data and a lot the times, the related cost of the solution is not competitive
• The third option (DataPerCompany=’No’) is not the best as some data of some tables can maybe not be completely the same
• The third option (DataPerCompany=’No’) is not applicable because there are more than one database (having for example different localisations).
So as a partner, we direct frequently to the first option. We completely control this way of implementing, we have developers available with the proper skills and the customer receives a custom-made solution for their requirement.
Let’s be disruptive! The Microsoft Business Applications is not only Dynamics NAV / D365BC anymore. It includes the Power Platform and the Microsoft Power Automate (Ex Microsoft Flow) could be the right piece for this requirement.
Some Advantages to consider:
• Microsoft Power Automate is cloud based, ready, easy to use and friendly for Key User / Super User (No/Low Coding)
• The cost is effective and the footprint is minor.
Short Step by Step to implement available here: https://maique00.wixsite.com/blog/post/sync-master-data-on-dynamics-nav-dynamics-365-bc
More About This Author
- #Dyn365BC2021.02.07The most unknown features to migrate master data to D365BC (Part 1)
- #Dyn365BC2020.12.08Field Monitoring in Business Central
- #Dyn365BC2020.11.18A different way to support Item Exchanges/Replacements
- #Dyn365BC2020.09.12How to setup a new D365BC SaaS environment in less than 20 minutes (10 Steps)