Microsoft recently introduced us to a new set of event handlers, which can be used to register or deregister a function when an output parameter of a PCF control is changed. By using the OnOutputChange method, seamless communication between PCF control & Client API can be established. It is quite interesting to know that this works with standard as well as a virtual component. More on a virtual component can be checked here.
Let’s look at the event handlers that are introduced first. They are as follows –
- AddOnOutputChange – This will add an event handler to the OutputChange event of the selected control. The syntax is as below –
var control = formContext.getControl("<name>"); control.addOnOutputChange(myFunction);
- RemoveOnOutputChange – This will remove the event handler from the OutputChange event of the selected control. The syntax is as below –
var control = formContext.getControl("<name>"); control.removeOnOutputChange(myFunction);
- GetOutputs – This will…
More About This Author
Inogic is one of the leading Microsoft Dynamics 365 ISV since 10+ years. Its flagship product Maplytics™ is a market leading certified (CfMD) geo-analytical mapping app. Maplytics empowers Dynamics CRM users across industries with the power of geographical data visualization, route optimization and along the route search with turn-by-turn directions, appointment planner, locational search by radius and shapes with drill-down filters and color-coded pushpins, heat maps, shape layers & territory management.
Inogic is renowned for its high quality and low-cost offshore development services and productivity apps like InoLink: QuickBooks + Dynamics CRM, User Adoption Monitor, Attach2Dynamics, Alerts4Dynamics Click2Export, Click2Clone, Kanban Board, SharePoint Security Sync, Lead Automation & Distribution, Map My Relationships, Auto Tax Calculator, Subscription and Recurring Billing and Marketing4Dynamics.
- Dyn365CE2023.03.21Microsoft Release 2023 Wave 1: Form creation and management in Real-Time Marketing – Part 2
- Dyn365CE2023.03.02Get Entity Colors in PowerApps Component Framework
- Dyn365CE2023.03.01Enhanced UI for improved New User Experience while using Power Apps
- Dyn365CE2023.02.27Schedule and Post Content on Social Media using Dynamics 365 Marketing