In Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, the display string messages are those messages which are shown on the Forms, error Popups, etc. which provide appropriate information to the users. However, a user can modify a message as per the business case. To accomplish this, Microsoft now provides us with a feature where we can directly update messages from Power Apps or through code.
In this blog, we will discuss how to programmatically update table display strings in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.
In the CRM all the default messages are stored in one OOB entity called Display String. The Display String entity has two main text type attributes which are CustomDisplayString and PublishedDisplayString.
- CustomDisplayString: The CustomDisplayString is the attribute that stored the updated value of the message.
- PublishedDisplayString: The PublishedDisplayString attribute is the attribute where the recently updated custom display string value will populate once the display string entity…
More About This Author
Inogic is one of the leading Microsoft Dynamics 365 ISV since 10+ years. Its flagship product Maplytics™ is a market leading certified (CfMD) geo-analytical mapping app. Maplytics empowers Dynamics CRM users across industries with the power of geographical data visualization, route optimization and along the route search with turn-by-turn directions, appointment planner, locational search by radius and shapes with drill-down filters and color-coded pushpins, heat maps, shape layers & territory management.
Inogic is renowned for its high quality and low-cost offshore development services and productivity apps like InoLink: QuickBooks + Dynamics CRM, User Adoption Monitor, Attach2Dynamics, Alerts4Dynamics Click2Export, Click2Clone, Kanban Board, SharePoint Security Sync, Lead Automation & Distribution, Map My Relationships, Auto Tax Calculator, Subscription and Recurring Billing and Marketing4Dynamics.
- Dyn365CE2023.05.16Add Custom Buttons on Editable Grid within Microsoft Power Pages
- Dyn365CE2023.05.15Enabling modern “Share” provision on Dashboards and Views within Dynamics 365
- Dyn365CE2023.05.11Creating Canvas App using AI Copilot (preview) option
- Dyn365CE2023.05.10‘Maker Welcome Content’ Option in Power Platform Admin Center