Microsoft presents a range of client APIs that enable developers to interact flawlessly with Dynamics 365 CRM. One of its recent addition is the openSearchResult, which opens one of the knowledge base article listed as per the search in the search control.
Now whenever we search for any article in knowledge based search control, we get the list of available articles as a result. A user can click on any of the listed article to open it and read it. Now what if we want to automatically open the first article every time we search. This is where this new API openSearchResult plays its part.
The openSearchResult accepts two parameters.
- The first one is the resultNumber which is nothing but any numeric value starting from 1. This is the parameter where we can mention which article from the list of search results we want to open directly on every search. If we want to open the first record the value should be 1, for the second record the value should be 2 and so on.
More About This Author
Inogic is one of the leading Microsoft Dynamics 365 ISV since 10+ years. Its flagship product Maplytics™ is a market leading certified (CfMD) geo-analytical mapping app. Maplytics empowers Dynamics CRM users across industries with the power of geographical data visualization, route optimization and along the route search with turn-by-turn directions, appointment planner, locational search by radius and shapes with drill-down filters and color-coded pushpins, heat maps, shape layers & territory management.
Inogic is renowned for its high quality and low-cost offshore development services and productivity apps like InoLink: QuickBooks + Dynamics CRM, User Adoption Monitor, Attach2Dynamics, Alerts4Dynamics Click2Export, Click2Clone, Kanban Board, SharePoint Security Sync, Lead Automation & Distribution, Map My Relationships, Auto Tax Calculator, Subscription and Recurring Billing and Marketing4Dynamics.
- Dyn365CE2022.08.16Modify and delete multi-table lookups within Dynamics 365 CRM
- Dyn365CE2022.08.12Performance Insights (Preview) in Model-Driven Apps
- Dyn365CE2022.08.10Multi-Select Option field in Dynamics 365 V9.2 using Power Automate
- Dyn365CE2022.08.08Use of Enable Managed Environments(Preview) feature in Power Platform