Microsoft has brought in some intuitive features in its 2022 Wave 1 release. In this blog, we will explore the new editable features in the Power Apps grid control in model-driven apps.
There are two primary additions to the new Power Apps grid control (preview) for model-driven apps:
- Infinite scrolling: Users no longer need to navigate through pages to see more records. With infinite scroll, users can keep scrolling to their desired record.
- Inline editing within views and subgrids: As the name suggests, using this control gives user the ability to edit the records directly from the view.
To enable this feature, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the gear icon at the top right -> Select Advanced Settings.
- Then go to Settings -> Customizations
- Next click on Customize the System
- Now go to Components -> Entities -> Select Account-> Controls tab.
Note: We are using the Account entity/table for demonstration purposes. This can be applied to…
More About This Author
Inogic is one of the leading Microsoft Dynamics 365 ISV since 10+ years. Its flagship product Maplytics™ is a market leading certified (CfMD) geo-analytical mapping app. Maplytics empowers Dynamics CRM users across industries with the power of geographical data visualization, route optimization and along the route search with turn-by-turn directions, appointment planner, locational search by radius and shapes with drill-down filters and color-coded pushpins, heat maps, shape layers & territory management.
Inogic is renowned for its high quality and low-cost offshore development services and productivity apps like InoLink: QuickBooks + Dynamics CRM, User Adoption Monitor, Attach2Dynamics, Alerts4Dynamics Click2Export, Click2Clone, Kanban Board, SharePoint Security Sync, Lead Automation & Distribution, Map My Relationships, Auto Tax Calculator, Subscription and Recurring Billing and Marketing4Dynamics.
- Dyn365CE2022.08.18Usability enhancements to grids in Model-Driven Apps
- Dyn365CE2022.08.16Modify and delete multi-table lookups within Dynamics 365 CRM
- Dyn365CE2022.08.12Performance Insights (Preview) in Model-Driven Apps
- Dyn365CE2022.08.10Multi-Select Option field in Dynamics 365 V9.2 using Power Automate