The Canvas app provides us with a visually rich representation of our data on mobile devices.
Recently we came across a couple of requirements where we were needed to conditionally show respective options in the Dropdown and also conditionally disable the dropdown in the Canvas app.
Now, let’s see the detailed steps on how we can achieve each one of them.
Requirement 1: Conditionally add/remove respective options in a dropdown in Canvas App
We have added a dropdown named Priority in our Canvas app. This dropdown consists of 3 Options i.e. High, Medium, and Low. For our scenario, we would be using the Account entity and have set the conditions based on the Annual Revenue field.
- If an Account has the Annual Revenue greater than or equal to $100000 then in the dropdown Priority in our canvas app we will only show two out of the three options i.e. High, Medium.
As shown in the below image, the Annual Revenue of account A. Datum is greater than $100000.
More About This Author
Inogic is one of the leading Microsoft Dynamics 365 ISV since 10+ years. Its flagship product Maplytics™ is a market leading certified (CfMD) geo-analytical mapping app. Maplytics empowers Dynamics CRM users across industries with the power of geographical data visualization, route optimization and along the route search with turn-by-turn directions, appointment planner, locational search by radius and shapes with drill-down filters and color-coded pushpins, heat maps, shape layers & territory management.
Inogic is renowned for its high quality and low-cost offshore development services and productivity apps like InoLink: QuickBooks + Dynamics CRM, User Adoption Monitor, Attach2Dynamics, Alerts4Dynamics Click2Export, Click2Clone, Kanban Board, SharePoint Security Sync, Lead Automation & Distribution, Map My Relationships, Auto Tax Calculator, Subscription and Recurring Billing and Marketing4Dynamics.
- Dyn365CE2022.06.30An enhanced experience for creating Email templates
- Dyn365CE2022.06.23Easily transform your visual design into Canvas App in Power Apps
- Dyn365CE2022.06.22Exploring sharing capabilities in Dynamics 365 CRM sales forecasting
- Dyn365CE2022.06.20Create Rich Text format Single Line Text and Multiple Line Text fields in the PowerApps