Recently when I was adding the new column in Microsoft Dataverse from the PREVIEW maker portal (https://make.preview.powerapps.com/) I was amazed by looking at the new option in the Datatype available named “Formula”.
In this blog, we will focus on the introduction and related use cases where this “Formula” datatype can be useful.
Formula Column Features:
- Formula columns use the Power Fx syntax similar to Office Excel. Power Fx is the low code language that is being used across the Microsoft Platform.
- Formula column expands the ability of existing calculated and rollup columns it adds the value in expression by performing the arithmetic calculation in real-time.
- The formula expression can be made available with Today () and Now () functions for the first time.
- Many supported functions are available for inbuilt arithmetic operations.
- As you enter the formula, Intellisense helps you with recommendations for formula, syntax, and errors.
- Making it easy to see and edit the…
More About This Author
Inogic is one of the leading Microsoft Dynamics 365 ISV since 10+ years. Its flagship product Maplytics™ is a market leading certified (CfMD) geo-analytical mapping app. Maplytics empowers Dynamics CRM users across industries with the power of geographical data visualization, route optimization and along the route search with turn-by-turn directions, appointment planner, locational search by radius and shapes with drill-down filters and color-coded pushpins, heat maps, shape layers & territory management.
Inogic is renowned for its high quality and low-cost offshore development services and productivity apps like InoLink: QuickBooks + Dynamics CRM, User Adoption Monitor, Attach2Dynamics, Alerts4Dynamics Click2Export, Click2Clone, Kanban Board, SharePoint Security Sync, Lead Automation & Distribution, Map My Relationships, Auto Tax Calculator, Subscription and Recurring Billing and Marketing4Dynamics.
- Dyn365CE2022.09.30How to add and subtract date using subtractFromTime() and addToTime() functions within Power Automate
- Dyn365CE2022.09.23How to overcome the issue of ‘clear fields value’ of Bulk Update command in Resco Mobile App
- Dyn365CE2022.09.21‘Setting’ as a solution component in Power Apps
- Dyn365CE2022.09.14Execute Custom actions using sales insight cards (assistant V3) in D365 CE