Canvas Apps Revision: Using Launch to Call, Email and Locate a CDS Contact
This video is part of my ‘Easy Opportunities Manager’ series, which documents building a basic #CanvasApp #PowerApp to easily manage opportunity records in the Common Data Service (#CDS). The series is aimed at beginners and provides a complete step by step walkthrough of how to build an app on the #Microsoft #PowerPlatform.
This episode acts as more of an exercise. It demonstrates how we can use concepts already covered to display a set of tools to enable our sales users to contact and locate their potential customers more effectively while out on the road.
We will use the Launch() function to open their telephone, email and maps apps.
- To open the Phone app we use “Launch(“tel:”& DataCardValue2.Selected.’Business Phone’)”
- To open the Email app we use “Launch(“mailto:” & DataCardValue2.Selected.Email)”
- To open the Maps app we use “Launch(“http://maps.google.com/?q=”&EncodeUrl(DataCardValue2.Selected.’Address 1′))”
More About This Author
- Dyn365CE2021.09.03Deploying and Deleting Unmanaged Solutions – Safer Deployments 002
- YouTube2021.08.26Moving Unmanaged Components Between Dataverse Environments. Our Most Basic Deployment? – YouTube
- Dyn365CE2021.08.24What are Solutions? – Safer Deployments 001
- YouTube2021.08.17What are Solutions in Microsoft Power Platform and Dynamics 365? – YouTube