As per the Oct 2023 Microsoft Update, one can now pin/unpin records to the timeline, keeping them at the top for easy access. This makes it easier for users to find the required records quickly, without having to scroll through the timeline.
By default, you can pin/unpin the Note table records only as you can see below,
For any other activities if you want to enable the Pin/Unpin feature then,
- Navigate to https://make.powerapps.com/.
- Open the form of a table on which you want to enable the pin/unpin feature in the timeline. For example, the Account table as shown below,
- In the timeline properties, under ‘Activity types,’ select the desired activity, and then enable or disable the ‘Pin / Unpin’ feature for the same as shown below,
Once you pin the records, they will be displayed under the Pinned section in the timeline as follows,
Note: You can pin a maximum of 15 records, and they will stay at the top for a year unless you unpin them.
Thus, summarizes the…
More About This Author
Inogic is one of the leading Microsoft Dynamics 365 ISV since 10+ years. Its flagship product Maplytics™ is a market leading certified (CfMD) geo-analytical mapping app. Maplytics empowers Dynamics CRM users across industries with the power of geographical data visualization, route optimization and along the route search with turn-by-turn directions, appointment planner, locational search by radius and shapes with drill-down filters and color-coded pushpins, heat maps, shape layers & territory management.
Inogic is renowned for its high quality and low-cost offshore development services and productivity apps like InoLink: QuickBooks + Dynamics CRM, User Adoption Monitor, Attach2Dynamics, Alerts4Dynamics Click2Export, Click2Clone, Kanban Board, SharePoint Security Sync, Lead Automation & Distribution, Map My Relationships, Auto Tax Calculator, Subscription and Recurring Billing and Marketing4Dynamics.
- Dyn365CE2 December 2023Season 2: Dynamics 365 CRM Apps Webinar Marathon – Boost Productivity this Holiday Season!
- Dyn365CE1 December 2023Manage Dynamics CRM records along with their associated activities on the same page using Focused view – Part 2
- Dyn365CE30 November 2023From Data to Action: Making Informed Decisions that Drive Results
- Dyn365CE29 November 2023Copilot and Power Platform: Highlights from Microsoft Ignite 2023 and What They Mean for You!