Power BI, Microsoft’s Data Analytical tool works with data and provides an enhanced view of data to take further actions for customer business improvement. Microsoft has provided lots of features to be used within Power BI which will help design effective and advanced Power BI reports and dashboards to have data overview at a single glance.
Recently, we came across one of its new features called Calculation Groups. This feature takes Power BI’s ability to understand and work with data to a whole new level, making it easier to do more complicated and personalized calculations.
In this blog, we’ll walk through to understand how we can use Calculation Groups to design improvised Power BI Reports.
Before using the Power BI Calculation Group, we need to enable the Semantic Model from the preview features pane in Power BI.
- Navigate to the settings,
Expand the Preview Features,
Enable the Modal Explorer and Calculation Group authoring
Click on “OK”
More About This Author
Inogic is one of the leading Microsoft Dynamics 365 ISV since 10+ years. Its flagship product Maplytics™ is a market leading certified (CfMD) geo-analytical mapping app. Maplytics empowers Dynamics CRM users across industries with the power of geographical data visualization, route optimization and along the route search with turn-by-turn directions, appointment planner, locational search by radius and shapes with drill-down filters and color-coded pushpins, heat maps, shape layers & territory management.
Inogic is renowned for its high quality and low-cost offshore development services and productivity apps like InoLink: QuickBooks + Dynamics CRM, User Adoption Monitor, Attach2Dynamics, Alerts4Dynamics Click2Export, Click2Clone, Kanban Board, SharePoint Security Sync, Lead Automation & Distribution, Map My Relationships, Auto Tax Calculator, Subscription and Recurring Billing and Marketing4Dynamics.
- Dyn365CE23 February 2024How to configure a trigger to handle both GET and POST requests effectively using Power Automate
- Dyn365CE22 February 2024Exploring Detail Map Control enhancements to travel smartly on the Field with Dynamics 365 Maps Integration!
- Dyn365CE21 February 2024Master Microsoft Power Platform Development: A Developer’s Cheat Sheet in 2024
- Dyn365CE20 February 2024How to Know Browser and OS Details in Power Apps using Host Object