In Dynamics 365, we have the flexibility to store data of a variety of types such as text, number, lookups, options, etc. Time Zone is a type of format for Whole Number, which allows the user to store the Time zone information of a particular record in CRM.
The screenshot below explains the same
In this blog, we will consider a business requirement where we have to set the Time Zone field value on an Account based on the Latitude and Longitude values dynamically when the Account record is created in CRM.
Let’s walk through the steps we need to perform to achieve the above requirement:
- Navigate to https://make.powerapps.com and create a custom field “Account Time Zone” with data type as Whole Number having the format as TimeZone. Add the field on the form as well so that the user can see the value in the field.
2. We will create a Power Automate Flow to get the timezone from Location coordinates and set the TimeZone field value on the Account record. Navigate to the…
More About This Author
Inogic is one of the leading Microsoft Dynamics 365 ISV since 10+ years. Its flagship product Maplytics™ is a market leading certified (CfMD) geo-analytical mapping app. Maplytics empowers Dynamics CRM users across industries with the power of geographical data visualization, route optimization and along the route search with turn-by-turn directions, appointment planner, locational search by radius and shapes with drill-down filters and color-coded pushpins, heat maps, shape layers & territory management.
Inogic is renowned for its high quality and low-cost offshore development services and productivity apps like InoLink: QuickBooks + Dynamics CRM, User Adoption Monitor, Attach2Dynamics, Alerts4Dynamics Click2Export, Click2Clone, Kanban Board, SharePoint Security Sync, Lead Automation & Distribution, Map My Relationships, Auto Tax Calculator, Subscription and Recurring Billing and Marketing4Dynamics.
- Dyn365CE2022.11.28How to configure Power Apps assets within Power Apps
- Dyn365CE2022.11.21Segmentation in Real-Time Marketing within Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing
- Dyn365CE2022.11.17Set Timezone format field based on Account Location in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Dyn365CE2022.11.15Smart Email Validation for Effective Lead Management within Microsoft Dynamics 365